Since tomorrow is the Eve of 2016 here, I have decided to post my most anticipated reads of 2016 (which to be honest is mostly Fantasy books with some Contemporaries and Historical fiction on the mix).
Since a lot of great books are to be release next year, I have divided my list to two, one of which books that will be release between January- June and the second half with July to December. Because there are too many good books for 2016! I will also be mentioning on why would I want to pick up these books besides their beautiful covers.
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke (March 22)
“Every story needs a hero.
Every story needs a villain.
Every story needs a secret.
Wink is the odd, mysterious neighbor girl, wild red hair and freckles. Poppy is the blond bully and the beautiful, manipulative high school queen bee. Midnight is the sweet, uncertain boy caught between them. Wink. Poppy. Midnight. Two girls. One boy. Three voices that burst onto the page in short, sharp, bewitching chapters, and spiral swiftly and inexorably toward something terrible or tricky or tremendous.
What really happened?
Someone is lying.
For fans of Holly Black, We Were Liars, and The Raven Boys, this mysterious tale full of intrigue, dread, beauty, and a whiff of something strange will leave you utterly entranced.”
I am a fan of We were Liars, I haven’t read The Raven Boys/Cycle Series – BUT I WILL SOON, maybe this year. And come on read the synopsis who doesn’t want to read this book?
- Summer Days ans Summer Nights by Stephanie Perkins, Veronica Roth, Jennifer E. Smith and others (June 24)
I adored My True Love Gave to Me and this will be a perfect summer read expecially now that I have 4 months of vacation! (Wohoo)
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (January 5)
I heard a lot of great reviews about this books mostly from the Booktube community and here in WordPress and Goodreads and it’s being blurb by Sarah J Maas. Yes that’s why.
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard (February 9)
- A Tyranny of Petticoats by YA Authors Marissa Meyer, Marie Lu and others (March 8)
There it is…”BAD-ASS GIRLS“
- Swords and Verses by Kathy Mcmillan (January 19)
- The Land of 10, 000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer (April 19)
This will be a perfect read for the summer and I love roadtrips!
- Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit (January 26)
A want to cry like I did when I was reading the The Book Thief.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (January 5)
This is what happens when you are still suffering the withdrawal issues with Harry Potter, that you just need more and more magic and witches and wizards and…yes
- And I Darken by Kiersten White (June 28)
A female Vlad Impaler? in the Ottoman Empire? COUNT ME IN!
What’s your Anticipated Reads this 2016?